Dow was at work last night, so when Liam went to bed, I decided to take a look at my patterns. You know, get one step ahead before my mom gets here tomorrow.
Bad idea.
I like to think of myself as a smart girl, one who, with a little research and thought, can figure most things out. That doesn't appear to be the case for me in the sewing department.
After looking at the patterns (over and over and over again), I had a mild panic attack. Although mom assured me that we could "figure it out," I'm pretty sure I just wasted my $43. Actually, I'm 99% sure.
When Liam gets older, at least I can tell him a tried to be a crafty mom.
Stay tuned for Sew-tastic Part III.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Check out the flythroughourwindow.com blog, she sews a lot and gives lots of easy patterns, maybe even some simplified adjustments to them.
ReplyDeleteI have a HARD time reading patterns as well. You should start with something "straight" first. I did the Dish Mat from flythroughourwindow.com to get used to the machine. I also made a pair of pants out of one of Danny's t-shirts using a tutorial on rookiemoms.com. You get to the page by googling " sewing toddler pants. GOOD LUCK
ReplyDelete