Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hello Month 9!

This weekend starts week 36 of my pregnancy, the official beginning of my ninth month. And I have to say, I am pretty ready for this to be over! Liam is getting SO big, and sleeping is basically impossible. It's also hot as HELL in Birmingham, which isn't helping me feel less like a sweaty whale.

Yesterday, I had my 36 week appointment. From now on, I will go weekly. Liam has dropped a little, and his head is in the "exit" position as I like to call it. Apparently, my doctor's daughter is getting married on my actual due date, so it looks like we are going to induce about 5 days early. That way, I can have my doctor deliver me, and we can avoid labor during Dow's final week of graduate school. It turns out that our planning (or lack thereof) has Baby Liam set to be here the same week that Dow has his final presentation and his final exam, and I definitely want him to pass both and graduate. And I'm not too disappointed to have him come early. It will probably help me relax a little. I've been having so many Braxton-Hick contractions lately that I stay awake at night wondering if/when I will go into labor! Now I can schedule it, show up prepared, and get my mom and dad here.

Other than that, my appointment was pretty uneventful. Liam is about 6 lbs now, and I've gained about 27. My blood pressure was good (thank goodness), and now it's just 3 more weeks of waiting and letting Liam pack on some more pounds.

I've order the rocking chair, and it should be here next week. I've got the carseat together, and we're putting the strollers together this week. After that, I'll just keep cleaning until he arrives! YAY nesting!!

Morgan

1 comment: