Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Engrossed.

Emme left yesterday after a weekend of literally shopping until we were dropping. Well, I was dropping. Emme was still rocking. I've come to realize that I'm just not that much of a shopper. My idea of shopping all day is hitting two stores and spending the remainder of the day at home.

The balls of my feet are still hurting.

So, in light of our exhausting weekend, Liam and I decided to relax yesterday. We never left the house, which is my kind of day. Liam played with his toys, which I really think he genuinely missed, and I started reading my Costco buy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I love to read, but I rarely have time to do as much reading as I would like. You see, by the time I get home, get everyone fed, clean the kitchen, give Liam a bath and put him to bed, I am exhausted. I may (and that's a big may) stay up until 9:30. At that point, I just don't have the energy to read anymore.

I've realized that this might also be a function of the books I've been reading. I've always been a big mindless thriller girl, you know, the Mary Higgins Clark and James Patterson books. But, recently, I've wanted a little more out of my reading. Something that was a little more thought-provoking than the same plot with the names changed out for the 100th time.

So, on Saturday, while walking every single aisle in Costco, mom bought me this book.



I had seen it when it first came out and passed on it for some reason. Recently, I saw the movie cover in Blockbuster and decided to read the book before I watched the movie, which my mother just can't seem to understand. I have to say, I am engrossed. I read half the book yesterday afternoon while Liam played in his playroom.

I can't wait to get home to start reading again tonight. And, what's even better, this book is part one of a trilogoy-and not some god-awful, tween, I love vampires trilogy-a REAL trilogy.

YAY! Thanks, Emme!

No comments:

Post a Comment