Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Devil Comes on Sunday Morning.

So, for the past few weeks, Dow and I have been attending Highlands Methodist Church in 5 Points. We enjoy the church and the nursery school program. Liam seems to enjoy it, too.

Today, however, I don't think Liam was on his best behavior. He screamed with all his little fury when I left him, which isn't unusual. Most of the time he gets over it pretty quickly. But, when we came to pick him up, we were told that Liam did "fine" and was "pretty good." That's just a nice way of saying that your kid was a holy terror and now please take him home. The sweet nursery school director told us that sometimes on Sunday mornings, the "devil takes control of our children" while we try to go to church. This made me laugh because, basically, she compared Liam to the devil, and I have no doubt the comparison was justified. Dow told me it was because I had Liam in too small shoes. Really? The shoes make him a sassy pants? But, in any event, just to be on the safe side, I bought him some new bigger shoes online about 5 minutes ago.

What are we going to do with this child? "No, Liam" is now met by a defiant squeal, curled fists, and crying. Biting has even entered the picture, when he's particularly frustrated. Hopefully, his new bigger (and apparently magical) shoes will arrive soon and all will be right with the world. Yea right.

Will the parenting fairy please make a stop by our house?

Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if the magical shoes work, because we will definitely need to get a pair. I didn't mention earlier that Sipsey is also on the verge of getting kicked out of daycare (again) for biting! I hope we can laugh one day at all the instances the devil has taken over our children through the years. That means I will be laughing A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes. Why didn't I think of that? Damn, that Dow is smart.

    ReplyDelete