Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sew-tastic: The Finale.

As you've probably gathered from my lack of sewing posts, I did not master the art of sewing during my time off. If I had, I would've been tooting my own horn on here days ago.

Instead, I learned that I did not really care for sewing. The thought of sewing Liam a beautiful jon-jon made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like I was going to be super-mom. But in reality, just the purchasing of the sewing materials (not even the actual sewing part) made me feel majorly overwhelmed and frustrated. Sewing is just not for me. I'd rather snuggle with my baby instead of curse like a sailor while trying to read a pattern.

All was not lost, though. My mom took the materials I purchased and actually made a pretty darn cute jon-jon for Liam. It's navy with football buttons, and we are going to have an orange "L" monogrammed on it for football season. I hope the sewing bug bit her so she can do all my sewing for me!

In other news, my gardening abilities turned out to be not quite as pitiful as my sewing abilities. Mom and I planted this beauty about two months ago.



I've also planted two similar hanging baskets (they were too high to get good pictures) and some caladiums and additional hosta plants in the backyard. They are all doing surprisingly well, considering the soil in our backyard is full of rocks.

I've also ordered and addressed the CUTEST BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATIONS EVER for Liam's birthday party. They are waiting patiently to be mailed at the end of June. Yay!

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment