I joined Weight Watchers on Sunday. I just couldn't ingore that cute, furry monster who pops out of desk drawers with sprinkled doughnuts and greasy pizza any longer.
Well, that's not exactly true. While the monster is cute and makes me laugh at times, I joined Weight Watchers to try to lose my last 10 pounds of "baby" weight. I gained 30 pounds when I was pregnant, which was within my suggested range, but these last 10 pounds haven't dropped off with the ease of the first 20. I've realized that these pesky pounds won't be "baby" weight much longer; they will just be weight. I mean, how long can I keep telling myself I just had a baby? When Liam is 4? No thanks. So, I am hoping that having to account for what I eat on a daily basis will help me make better choices when it comes to food. I admit that I L.O.V.E. me some fast food, especially McDonald's. French fries and regular cokes are my weakness. And, with my schedule, it's hard not to succumb to temptation, especially when there is a fast food place on every corner.
This first week has gone fairly well. I've stayed within my point limits, managed to avoid any fast food splurges, and even turned down a free scone. I know I'm never going to be a skinny-mini. I never have been. But, I do want to try to rid myself of my "baby" tummy and learn some food-related self-control in the process.
Wish me luck. I defintely need it.
Morgan
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Are you kidding me? Weight Watchers? I wish you luck, but think that's ridiculous. You are beautiful and Liam is well worth any extra pounds you carry.
ReplyDeleteThanks, but I think I recall you losing ALL of your baby weight in like 5 days. Maybe I just needed to catch the flu, too.
ReplyDelete