Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bringing in 2010.

I was a little sad to say farewell to 2009. It will always hold a special place in my heart because it brought us this adorable bundle (who seems to love my warm Christmas sheets):



But, I know 2010 is going to bring us so many exciting milestones. Just think, this time next year, we'll have a walking, talking little boy on our hands.

PLEASE PRAY.

Now, on to our New Year's weekend.

Our first New Year's Eve with Liam was great. Liam was party-hardy until about 8:30. Dow and I, on the other hand, stayed up and celebrated to...drum roll, please...midnight Eastern time! I was pretty proud of myself. I almost made it to midnight our time, but I just couldn't do it. I crashed at about 11:40.

On New Year's day, Liam and I headed to Memphis to meet our Tennessee family (Pammie, Mikey, Lucy, Emily, Joel and Jackson). It was a great weekend of catching up and celebrating Jackson's big "1"!

Here are Jackson and Liam meeting for the first time. These pictures crack me up because they are so similar to early pictures of me and Emily. Of course, Liam is the pale one (just like me), and Jackson is the tan one (just like Emily). If I had one of our old pictures to scan in, you'd see what I'm talking about.




On Saturday, my Mom and Coo Coo met us in Memphis to celebrate Jackson's first birthday. Emily and Joel hosted a wonderful birthday party in spite of my mom making a cameo appearance as Freddy Krueger. That's a joke, but her face did kind of look like this after her treatment. Sorry, Mom.


Although Liam was the youngest person at Jackson's birthday party, that didn't stop his partying ways...



Until he fell asleep in Jackson's crib.

I have to say I was a little sad to leave on Sunday (but glad to see Dow). I miss my family and wish I saw them more often! I guess this little weekend trip will have to do...for now.

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment