Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful

Although turkey day has passed (in what felt like a split second), I do have to say that on this very day exactly one year ago, I found out that I would soon have something I would be VERY thankful for: Liam.





This time last year, I had to work on Sunday (the 30th) to assist with my first-ever jury trial. So, after a long day, I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some strawberry beer (yum) and, while I was there, a pregnancy test I knew I really didn't need (heck, how worried could I have been if I was buying beer?). I just wanted to reassure myself that I was not pregnant, just stressed.

By the time I got home, that test was burning a hole in my bag. What if I really was pregnant? Was I ready to be a mom? I promptly locked myself in our bathroom and took the test. When I came out crying, Dow knew that it was positive. I hate to say that I was crying after I found out, but I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed and unprepared. Four pregnancy tests and one doctor's visit later, Dow and I knew without a doubt that Liam would be arriving in July.



Now, one year later, my life has completely changed. I am a wife, daughter, attorney and mother to a beautiful baby boy. Although it is often an exhausting and thankless job, I am oh so thankful for my surprise.



So, happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone!

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment