On Tuesday, Liam started school (I don't like the word "daycare") at the Elizabeth Perry Rushton Child Development Center. The decision to send him at all was really, REALLY hard for me (i.e., involved a lot of crying and guilty feelings). But since we were locked in for one month's tuition either way because of their enrollment policy, off Liam went. Surprisingly, sending him to school has not been that bad at all. I didn't even cry, and I actually like it (so far). The facility and faculty are very nice (it should be for what we are paying). There are 8 babies in his room with 3 teachers, and he has his own crib/area. What's strange to me is that even though he is so young, he seems to generally enjoy going to school. He gets daily report cards, and, best of all, I can watch him over my computer (or any Internet connection) from three different cameras in real time. I LOVE watching him at work and seeing that he is being held, rocked, played with, etc. I got to visit him for an hour over lunch on Friday (it takes me 8 minutes to get there by foot from my office), and it made my day. So, with all that being said, we are going to try school until December. If I change my mind (i.e., Liam starts getting sick all of the time), we'll go back with our nanny, who is great.
You are probably wondering how Liam starting school made my week a blur, but getting myself dressed and a baby dressed and out of the door by 8:00 ALONE (Dow is at work when Liam goes to school) is tough stuff. I'm pooped.
I did manage to go Santa shopping Saturday, and someone in our house has lots of toys now!!! He also got some super cute hats, two new sweaters, and two sets of booties. Bring on the snow!
I seriously don't know where those lips come from. I've been trying to figure that out since we first saw these puckers on our 4D ultrasound.....


I totally understand the daycare dilemma. It never really gets easier; you just get used to it. I hope Liam loves his new school!
ReplyDelete